Curious

Start a thread introducing yourself to the everyone here!
curiosity

Curious

Postby curiosity » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:56 am

Hey There.

I found my way here killing time waiting to pick up my daughter from pre school. I have a son in seventh grade, and I was curious about making soap as a project. Which made me curious about wood ash, charcoal, lye, and natural chemistry.

Anyway, that's why I'm here.

to the guy that did the salt peter article, I do have two questions:
Can animal dung/urine be used?

Also, I need some clarification here:

Now allow the mixture to evaporate. A container that is more like a tray than a barrel will evaporate off the water more quickly. The evaporation portion can be done in batches.

Heat is now added to the solution to bring to a slow boil. So boil the saltpeter ley to begin concentrating the solution.

If I have allowed the mixture to evaporate, how can I then boil it? Is there a step missing, or am I just being dense?

thanks!

Curiosity

Rosa Scott

Re: Curious

Postby Rosa Scott » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

'Can animal dung/urine be used?'. Yes it can be used. In fact, in Ancient Ireland, the villagers used urine as a way to bring out the skin's natural glow and it actually has many useful elements. I would highly recommend it, I made a few bars back in the summer of 2007 and my skin hasn't shown any signs of spots since!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”