Essential Oils

This is the main forum! Post questions and topics of interest! But all topics must be related to survival and living off the land after SHTF!
SoloGuy

Essential Oils

Postby SoloGuy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 am

Ok I have been experimenting with essential oils for over 2 years now, I have not used anything other than oils to disinfect, create my own health remedies and natural cleaners.. I would recommend everyone investing in some essential oils to add to their preps and off grid living, Though they can be expensive, the uses for cooking, sanitizing, and health remedies is incredible. Start with the basic oils. This list should cover all areas of health/hygiene/sanitation/ and protect against airborne diseases, and infestations!
-Frankincense (Most expensive)
-Lavender
-Basil
-Oregano
-Marjoram
-Roman Chamomile
-Tea Tree
-Lemon
-Peppermint
-Clary Sage
-Cinnamon
-Eucalyptus
-Turmeric

SoloGuy

Re: Essential Oils

Postby SoloGuy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:43 am

I just wanted to mention that with these oils you would need a good carrier oil such as Coconut oil or Grapeseed oil.
Thanks.

Cavemum

Postby Cavemum » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Oregano oil is brilliant for infections.

omegaman66
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:16 pm

I can certainly vouch for Tea Tree Oil. That is one of the best anti-bacterial treatments out there. Even anti-biotic resistant staph can't stand up to this stuff. I have contemplated planting a tea tree oil producing tree just for this.

And a tip: Rubbing alcohol works great for a lot of the same things as oils. You go to the doctor and they want to big anti-biotics for everything. Then when those don't work they have few answers. Well duh! If you can get to it (it isn't internal) tea tree oil and rubbing alcohol will kill just about anything! Not at the same application time!!!!

five acre gma

Postby five acre gma » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Just a little note about Tea Tree oil, straight oil will burn ones skin, I only share this because it happened to me, I accidently spilled some and wiped it up with my hand and a rag with no gloves, some dripped on my arm, and it burned my arm and I got a blister,,,,,..........
Soooooooooo.........as with anything were using, we need to be cautious and be careful>>>>>
Just a note from experience.....

omegaman66
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Cool, thanks! I have never experienced that before. Something to look out far in the future

Whitworth

Postby Whitworth » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:50 am

SoloGuy wrote:I just wanted to mention that with these oils you would need a good carrier oil such as Coconut oil or Grapeseed oil.
Thanks.

I would go with coconut oil.

omegaman66
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm

I can now vouch for Turmeric!!!! Applied as a paste to the skin works better than anything you can get from a doctor for antibiotic resistant staph and other surface afflictions.

Return to “General Survival Topics!”