Deep well hand pump ?

This is the main forum! Post questions and topics of interest! But all topics must be related to survival and living off the land after SHTF!
five acre gma

Deep well hand pump ?

Postby five acre gma » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello all .......... ;)
I have a 120 foot deep well, I want to make a deep well hand pump...
Anyone have any suggestions? ..or instructions they can share ?
Thanks !
:D

omegaman66
Site Admin

Re: Deep well hand pump ?

Postby omegaman66 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:23 pm

ali448

Postby ali448 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:17 am

A well 120 ft deep is too deep for a hand pump. Our well is the same depth so I was curious about that option. I believe all well systems include a holding tank of some sort. Ours is a 100 gallon tank. There is also a lot of water in your hot water heater. While these aren't long term water sources, they are good for a short term emergency and long term storage. Be sure to drain the hot water heater every year to remove tank silt.
The book below has a lot of valuable information regarding this topic, along with many others. I was able to borrow the ebook from my library. I will be buying the actual paper book from Amazon soon.
It explains the essential science & the best methods to acquire/access water from wells, natural sources & how to make your own storage system.
I highly recommend it for your prep library.

The Practical Preppers Complete Guide to Disaster Preparedness
by Scott Hunt

omegaman66
Site Admin

Postby omegaman66 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:10 am

Thank for the tip!

Return to “General Survival Topics!”